Dare to Dream
The teachers attending the first ever CLRPN Toast to Teachers did just that! Here are some of the dreams for the CLRPN schools and neighborhood shared by these teachers:
- Turn the “long shadow of Little Rock” into a shadow of ACHIEVEMENT and SUCCESS, not shame and failure
- Parents, students, teachers and community work as one big team
- Access to everything for ALL
- Our school to have the same resources as other LRSD schools
- Schools are HAPPY places that inspire creativity and drive for knowledge
- People see education as important again!
- Students will love education as much as things like Facebook, MTV, and iPads
- Everyone feels VALUED and that they have an important place in the school
- Innovative parent involvement program
- A real science lab in an elementary school
- For a child to be able to SAFELY ride bikes, get to know neighbors, and have a strong sense of belonging to the neighborhood
- STOP calling 12th and Schiller St. the “Hood”
- Better systems with administration and teachers
- A QUALITY education for every child of every race, ability and class
- My dream is for the Promise Neighborhood to be successful and SPREAD all over the city of Little Rock to help our community and children
- COMMUNITY UNIFICATION because it takes a village to raise a child
In the words of Anne Marie Pierce, “only dreamers can teach us to soar.” We all know there’s a lot that needs doing for us to be able to ensure every child in our part of Little Rock a happy, healthy, productive journey from cradle to career. Dreamers are definitely needed!
Share your dream for a CLRPN school or the neighborhood on our Facebook page. Better yet help us try to turn some of these dreams into realities by taking a Promise Pledge. The CLRPN is in the process of restructuring but the dream (and the needs) remain as big as ever – dare to dream with us!