Follow the Promise Roadmap
The CLRPN Promise Roadmap focuses on all children, youth, and families in the community. The promise to all the children growing up in the CLRPN neighborhoods is that we, as a community, will do whatever it takes to ensure that they have happy, healthy and productive childhoods and can navigate the road from cradle to career successfully.
We have identified 10 focus areas that we consider keys to keeping this promise. For each of these areas, we propose to form a “Promise Group” made up of members who will commit to accepting responsibility for keeping the series of key promises it will take for our community to create a clear pathway to success for all neighborhood children in that part of their journey to adulthood.
The 10 focus areas start are:
1. Parenting and Nurturing: To work with all parents and caregivers in the CLRPN to celebrate the role parents play in children’s lives and support all parents and caregivers in their efforts to be engaged and effective parents.
2. Early Learning: All children in the CLRPN will have access to pre-kindergarten and will enter kindergarten ready to learn.
3. Successful Schools: All schools in the CLRPN will be highly effective, stable and engaging learning environments for all students. To work with school leaders to nurture excellence in teaching at every level in every school.
4. After School/ Summer Programs: All children and youth in the CLRPN will have access to appropriate high-quality after school and summer programs throughout their school-age years.
5. College/Career Readiness: All students in the CLRPN graduate from high school prepared and motivated to pursue post-secondary training and aware of the variety of educational and career training options available after high school.
6. Scholarship: Families in the CLRPN have access to scholarship opportunities so that finances are never the sole reason that a person in the CLRPN does not pursue post-secondary educational goals.
7. Meaningful Employment: The educational journey for all youth in the CLRPN will be full of opportunities for meaningful employment and will end with a successful career.
8. Community Building: All people in the CLRPN feel connected and responsible to each other and to the neighborhood.
9. Community Wellness: The CLRPN is a healthy place to live that nurtures the development of healthy habits that can last a lifetime for all its children.
10. Community Centered Facilities: School buildings and other appropriate facilities in the CLRPN are accessible and unifying community environments focused on bringing people and services together.
The CLRPN will be responsible for doing whatever it takes to develop, nurture and sustain these Promise Groups. The